Problems in IT E filing

Sudatto (25 Points)

10 May 2007  
Friends
Thought I would start a new thread abount problems faced while e filing where everybody can share their experiences .

Right now I will jot down a few problem areas  which I have been facing

1)  TDS deducted - when we enter from the TDS certificates issued to the company - we have to key in the details of Area Code / AO Number / Range/ Assessing Officer Type - many of the the TDS issued do not contain these details- we tried to upload to the I Tax server to no avail- we got a error message - Then we had to to do a TAN search using the TAN number given on the certificates and find out the details -
Seems to be an uneccesary hassle - This data should have been made optional

2) Do not use any abbreviation  -Do not key in ABC & Co  - instead key in ABC And Company- You would get error message otherwise.

3) Right a peculiar problem we are facing is how to disclose figs of Work in Progress in the case of Software companies where there are some unfinished projects- The data  relating to B Sheet & P & L  talks only about  Raw Material and Finished Goods- nothing about WIP and its method of valuation -  Means maybe we should not show classify WIP  as Inventory and thereby make some suitable adjustment to the relevant heads of expenditure in the P & L A/c-    Any Ideas ?

4) No column should be left blank - including  PAN and PIN numbers / State etc
    Wherever anything is NIL fill in 0 otherwise you get error message.

5)  What happens if you upload and then discover there that some data has been left out - Should we refile ? Is there a procedure of Revised return- in which case how does one give reasons for revised return. Or should we simply correct the data in the paper form which you need to file after e filing  ( if you havent used a Digital Signature)  along with a letter  to the assessing officer explaining the matter . ?  Any ideas?

Please share your problems and how you got around them so that this thread becomes useful- There doesnt seem to be any similar threads around.

Regards

Sudatto