GSTN has issued an advisory on a temporary pause in the auto-population of e-invoice details to GSTR-1. This means that e-invoices will no longer be automatically populated to GSTR-1 from the Invoice Registration Portal (IRP) for the time being.
Official copy of the advisory has been mentioned below
1. GSTN wishes to inform you that the auto population of e-Invoice in GSTR-1 is temporarily halted due to essential system upgrades, which will involve the implementation of e-Invoice JSON download functionality.
2. This will have a temporary impact on the e-Invoice data auto population in GSTR-1 which will not be available from 26th September 2023 to 29th September 2023 from all six IRP portals.
3. The data for this period will be auto-populated on 30th September 2023 and will not impact GSTR-1 filing for next month and please avoid manually adding invoices in this period as the break will be only of a temporary nature.
4. Please plan your activities accordingly.
5. Details about the e-invoice JSON download functionality will be shared shortly via a separate advisory.
6. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and cooperation.