Guidelines for Examination Centres, Examination functionaries and Candidates for December 2021 CA Examinations in wake of ongoing pandemic Novel Corona Virus (Covid-19). The Attachments here to cover 3 guidelines
- Guidelines for Examination Centres
- Guidelines for Centre Superintendents and Observers
- Guidelines for Candidates
ICAI is taking all possible measures for safe and secure conduct of CA Examinations scheduled to be held in December 2021. ICAI has already increased the examinations to cover additional 192 districts of the country to facilitate candidates to not to travel beyond their district to the extent possible. ICAI will also implement adequate Social Distancing measures in current scenario of Covid-19 to ensure health and safety of our candidates. Adequate measures are being taken for the safety of all without compromising the high standards, sanctity and fairness in the conduct of the examination.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for implementing safety precautions and for maintaining required standard of hygiene shall be followed.
- Before commencement of the examination, seating areas shall be adequately All door handles, staircase railing, etc. shall be disinfected. Candidates, if so desired, may further sanitize the seating area with his/her own hand sanitizers; and may also carry face shield, hand gloves, etc. for additional protection as per their choice.
- Adequate gap as per norms between two seats shall be maintained.
- Thermo scanning for temperature check of examination functionaries/candidates shall be done at the entry.
- Hand sanitizer would be made available at the entry and inside the exam venue at prominent places for candidates and centre staff to use.
- Candidates shall be allowed to carry the following items inside the examination hall –
- Mask on Face (Compulsory), Face Shield (Optional)
- Gloves on hand (Optional)
- Personal transparent water bottle
- Personal small hand sanitizer
- Exam related items/documents as instructed (Calculators, stationery items, Admit Card, Photo ID card, )
1. Guidelines for Examination Centres
The following guidelines are issued and will be necessarily followed by all ICAI Examination centres in addition to the applicable guidelines for them issued by the Government of India/ State Governments. The Exam centres shall make sure that they fulfill the requirements stated below at all times during the period of CA examination in December 2021:
- All the staff on examination duty shall wear Gloves and Masks for their safety and that of others during the examination exercise.
- While the candidate have been asked to wear their own mask, carry their own water bottle and also carry 50/100 ml sanitizers bottle; the examination centres shall ensure that superintendent shall keep masks for the candidate(s) who report to require face mask or in case of malfunctioning of mask during appearance for examinations. Also, Hand Sanitizer at the venue entry and inside the examination centres shall be made available in sufficient quantity on prominent places on all the days during the conduct of examinations.
- The exam centre shall ensure that deep sanitization of the examination rooms, common areas and washroom to ensure safety and hygiene every day after the conclusion of the examination is done so that safety requirements are met for the next day of examinations.
- Sufficient quantity of liquid handwash/soap shall be made available in washrooms for washing of hands.
- The exam centres shall deploy sufficient number of thermo guns for temperature check of candidates and all staff on duty at the entry Those candidates/staff who are not coming with the prescribed temperature limit be asked not to enter inside the venue and where such candidates are being refused entry inside the hall, their details shall be entered in the attendance register.
- While the candidate will carry their own water bottle, the Centre will also make sure the availability of packaged water bottle at sufficient number of locations.
- The examination centre shall provide additional notice boards, display signages for guidance of candidate / staff to display the location of rooms/sitting plan at appropriate places for the help of candidates.
- The examination centres shall identify their different wings of the premises separately highlighting them as Wing A, B and so on. Each wing shall be a standalone examination centre. There shall be separate entry to each wing to an extent possible.
- The exam centres shall deploy adequate staff at the entry point so that there is no crowd gathering and due social distancing is maintained.
- The attention of the examination centre is also drawn to the guidelines issued for the centre superintendent as also for the candidates forming attachment to instant communication to give a total integrated bird eye view of the SOPs / guidelines at the ICAI exam centre.
- While the admit card will be printed online, the candidates have to give their consent to follow the various guidelines issued by the Governmental authorities as also the ICAI by way of an They shall also undertake that they are appearing in this examination with the full consent and permission of their parents/ guardian.
- The exit of the candidates from 00 pm onwards has to be planned in such a way that the exit is allowed on the basis of room-wise occupancies to ensure that exit is in a staggered manner by keeping appropriate time gap difference between exit of candidates of two rooms.
- All examination staff shall carry No Risk status in Aarogya Setu App installed in their Mobile.
- As an exception due to COVID -19 precautions, candidates will be allowed to leave the examination centre from 4:00 PM onwards and the entry to the examination centre shall be allowed from 1.00 PM onwards for December 2021
(B) Guidelines for Centre Superintendents and Observers
Centre Superintendents must ensure that following guidelines are strictly followed during the days of conduct of December 2021 CA Examinations at the examination centre/hall: -
- Centre Superintendents should ensure that Examination Centre (Examination halls/rooms, washrooms, entrance, furniture, equipment, stationery to be used, kitchens, canteen, and common area) must be properly sanitized prior to and on the days of conduct of CA All examination staff shall carry, No Risk status in Aarogya Setu App installed in their Mobile.
- Entry gate(s) of the examination centre must be opened at least one hour before the scheduled time of commencement of examination.
- Proper/ Adequate social distancing as per MHA guidelines must be maintained among the candidates and functionaries both outside and in the examination centre.
- Each candidate and examination functionary must be subjected to thermal scanning for body temperature and hand sanitization at the time of entry to the Examination Wearing of face mask is mandatory for examination functionaries and candidates both at entrance and during conduct of examination. However, at the time of entry and confirmation of identity; the examination candidates while signing of attendance sheet, are required to remove their face mask.
- To make arrangements for hand sanitizers for use by officials and candidate at the To also make arrangement for spare masks use by candidate in case of need.
- Exam Centres have been asked to ensure that hand sanitizers with dispensers are placed at the entrance of examination hall, washrooms etc.
- In case Invigilator is required to help a candidate to resolve any issue, he will be needed to sanitize his hands before and afterwards (without removing gloves).
- Washroom will be kept clean and sanitized at all times.
- Candidates are not allowed to take inside the examination hall bags, mobile phone, smart watch, written material/books, electronic/IT gadgets or equipment capable of being used as communication/ copying device. Arrangements for informing this provision to candidates and safe keeping of these materials, if any is to be made at the examination Any infringement of these instructions will entail disciplinary actions against the candidate concerned.
- Proper / Adequate Social distancing must be maintained among the candidates while appearing for examinations as per guidelines issued by the Government of India. Physical distancing / social distancing to be ensured while planning the seating plan.
- Display Signages and markings for enforcing physical/social distancing and safety protocols at adequate places.
- All candidates and examination staff to arrive at examination centre wearing a face mask and continue wearing it all through examination, especially when in examination hall.
- Actions to be taken as per the Protocol defined in case of detection of a suspected case of COVID-19. They be asked to exit the exam premises.
- Sufficient provision of drinking water in 250 ml disposable plastic bottles at room temperature to be made.
- The attention of the centre superintendent and observers is also drawn to the guideline issued in respect of centres as also guidelines issued in respect of candidates so that the observer / superintendent do have full details of do’s and don’ts which are to be compulsorily observed by all set of people who are entering in the examination centres.
- The examination centres shall identify their different wing of the premises separately highlighting them as Wing A, B and so on to the extent possible.
- Keeping in view of the general conditions; the candidates who have completed their paper before time may be allowed to exit from 00 PM onwards.
- Entry time for the examination centre shall be one hour before start of exam and candidates may come to examination centre in such a way that they report centre not before one hour before start of exam.
- While the admit card will be printed online the candidates have to give consent to follow various guidelines issued by the Governmental authorities as also by the They shall also undertake that they are appearing in this examination with the full consent and permission their parents/guardian.
- The exit of the candidates from 5.00 pm onwards has to be planned in such a way that the exit is allowed on the basis of room-wise occupancies to ensure that exit is in a staggered manner by keeping appropriate time gap between exit of candidates of two rooms.
- Observers shall visit the examination centre one day before the commencement of the exam to ensure that proper arrangements relating exam particularly for sanitization of the centre, masks, sanitizers, thermo scanning and the entry to different wings A & B are made by the centre as per these guidelines and confirmed to Head Office about compliance.
3. Guidelines for examination candidates (examinee/students)
Candidates are required to strictly adhere to the guidelines and process for Social Distancing and hygiene to ensure safety and health of their own and fellow candidates.
- Candidate to check reporting/entry time at Centre given in the Admit Card and to reach centre as per reporting time only to avoid any crowding at the centre at the time of entry and to maintain social distancing.
- All candidates must ensure before reaching the examination centre that they do not have any symptom or suffering from COVID-19 disease.
- Candidates need to maintain social distancing from each other at all the time.
- The candidates must ensure to report at the Examination Hall not before 1.00 PM wearing face mask and carry with them exam related items and documents. They may carry a transparent bottle of drinking water and 50/100 ML bottle of hand sanitizer and admit card. Candidates will not be allowed to carry their mobile phones, smart watch, other electronic gadgets, books & written materials and bags inside the examination halls.
- At the entrance, the candidates shall be subject to thermal temperature scanning and sanitization of Candidates and other functionaries having body temperature of more than the prescribed limit will not be allowed entry in the examination centre. However, their record will be maintained.
- Candidates shall continue to wear face mask and shall remove the same only at the time of their personal identification and signing of the attendance register. In case of mal functioning of their mask, candidate may contact the room invigilator who will provide mask to such candidates,
- Candidates shall seek permission of hall/room invigilators for use of washrooms and shall sanitize their hands on coming out of the washroom with the sanitizer made available by the centre outside the washroom.
- The candidates should bring their personal water bottles and keep the same on the bench(seat).
- All candidates are advised to carry a small transparent bottle of hand sanitizer for their use within the examination hall/room.
- All candidates are advised to co-operate with the examination functionaries for adherence to the COVID 19 and other guidelines during conduct of examinations.
- All candidates are advised to bring their own pen, pencil, scale, calculators, water bottle as borrowing / lending / exchange of the same in the examination hall is strictly prohibited.
- On completion of the examination, the candidates will be permitted to move out in an orderly manner one candidate at a time. Please wait for instructions from invigilator and do not get up from your seat until advised.
- The gloves and masks should be disposed in a pedal push covered bin at the examination centre and outside the examination room/hall only.
- Required distance will be maintained without crowding anywhere at all times.
- Candidates shall make sure that they come to the centre well in time and do not clog the outside road if they are coming in their own vehicle which should be parked at appropriate places.
- Keeping in view the general conditions; the candidates who have completed their paper in time will be allowed to exit Exam Centre from 00 PM onwards.
- While the admit card will be printed online the candidates have to give consent to follow various guidelines issued by the Governmental authorities as also the ICAI. In case a candidate is minor; he/she must undertake that he/she is appearing in this examination with the consent and permission of his/her parents/guardian by way of filling up of format which candidate can get while printing of his/her Admit Card and submit/deposit the said undertaking/format, duly signed by his/her parents/guardian, at the room/hall of the Examination centre.
- All candidates must ensure entry in the examination centre wearing mask all the time, however the centres are advised to keep stock of masks, sanitizers and water bottles to be provided to the candidates in case of need.
- General Instructions related to CA Examinations must be adhered to by the candidate.