The Income Tax Department enabled the new feature 'Comply to Notice' that allows taxpayers to View and Submit Responses to Notices under section 133(6) of the Income Tax Act, 1961 ("the IT Act").
The steps to submit or view the submitted response are as under
- Step -1: Visit the E-Filing Portal (eportal.incometax.gov.in) and choose the option to "Comply to Notice" from the "Quick Link" menu.
- Step -2: Choose the appropriate option to Submit or View Submitted Response by clicking on the Continue tab.
- Step 3: The assessee has to "Validate Document Identification Number (DIN)"
- Step 4: The assessee has to validated mobile no. and email-id.
- Step 5: Comply with the notice and "Submit Response".
- Step 6: The assessee can "View Submitted Response" by validate mobile no. and email id.