The Union Finance Minister ShriPranab Mukherjee while presenting the General Budget 2012-13 in the LokSabha today has proposed a series of steps in deepening the reforms in Capital Market. These include:
1. Allowing Qualified Foreign Investors (QFIs) access to Indian Corporate Bond market.
2. Simplification of process of issuing Initial Public Offers (IPOs) and lowering of cost.
3. Mandatory for companies to issue IPOs of Rs 10 crore and above in electronic form.
4. Allowing Electronic Voting facility to provide opportunities for wider shareholder participation.
5. Two-way fungibilityin Indian Depository Receipts (IDRs) permitted subject to a ceiling.