MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 19th January, 2018
G.S.R. 44(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of Section 139B of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby makes the following further amendments in the Tax Return Preparer Scheme, 2006, namely:-
Short title, commencement and application.
1. (1) This Scheme may be called the Tax Return Preparer (Amendment) Scheme, 2018.
(2) It shall come into force from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Tax Return Preparer Scheme, 2006 (hereinafter referred to as the said Scheme), for paragraph 3, the
following paragraph shall be substituted, namely:-
“3. An individual, who holds a bachelor degree from a recognised Indian University or institution, or has passed the intermediate level examination conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or the Institute of Certified Management Accountants of India, shall be eligible to act as Tax Return Preparer.”.
3. In the said Scheme, in paragraph 4,-
(1) for clause (i), the following clauses shall be substituted, namely:-
“(i) It shall invite application from persons,-
(a) having requisite educational qualifications specified in paragraph 3 or having appeared in the final year examination of the qualifying examination; and
(b) who is not below the age of twenty one years or more than forty-five years as on the 1st day of October of the year immediately preceding the date on which applications are invited.
(ia) It shall require that the application under clause (i) shall be accompanied by a fee of two hundred and fifty rupees, and failing which the application shall be invalid.”
To know more in details, find the enclosed attachment